Jan 27, 2014

Rekindling My Passion for Classic Corvettes

I've had a passion for classic Corvette's for as long as I can remember.... in particular the C3 generation with their "mako shark" body style.  As a teenager I fell in love with the 1980 model and pictures of that car on my walls got me through the rigors of college. I kept telling myself... graduate, get a good job, and then you can buy that car for yourself.  I did just that and eventually got that '80... black exterior, white leather interior, small block engine, automatic transmission.  I think I bought it around 2001 and it only had ~25k miles on it at the time.  She was a blast to drive.  Here's a pic of the car...



I eventually sold it as my wife and I were starting a family and I thought I had out-grown it....  I was wrong.

Fast forward years later and the itch to dive back in had grown to a fever pitch.  I started researching on the internet, came across a great website in The Corvette Restoration Page and thought... hey, I think I could also restore a classic corvette even though I had never done anything remotely close before.

Next post... my criteria for the next corvette and buying it sight unseen!

No comments:

Post a Comment